Thursday, August 4, 2016

giving my first talk


Putting together a display board for my Twelve Days series of ornaments. It's a good thing I'm only up to number 7 or I'd have to make another board. I'm thinking when the series is complete I'll need an actual white Christmas tree especially for them (instead of foam core).


The display (and these bags of samples) are for a talk I'm giving at the Madison Station Quilt Guild meeting next week and I don't mind telling you I'm a little (VERY) nervous about it. Talking. Out loud. About my stuff. In front of actual people. My sister is currently serving as guild president so she'll be there for moral support or perhaps to heckle me from the front row.

12 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you will be talking to fellow crafters who will love everything you show them. I'm envious that I'm in Massachusetts and can't come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my vote of confidence that you'll do a beautiful job. Just be real - they'll love you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! :) I'm sure you'll be amazing! Just crack a few jokes to loosen everybody up. ;) Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will do wonderfully well! How do I know? Anyone with as much creativity and natural talent as you have just needs to be their natural self and you will inspire everyone! Susan Hatfield

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will do wonderfully well! How do I know? Anyone with as much creativity and natural talent as you have just needs to be their natural self and you will inspire everyone! Susan Hatfield

    ReplyDelete
  6. target sells really adorable fake trees in a variety of colors. a white one would show off the colors quite nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grand slam Larissa! It was a privilege to hear all about your business. I have admired your work for a long time and what a treat to see all my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing your many talents with us. :) Lisa Rummell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thanks so much, Lisa! You are such an encouragement! I don't remember much about my talk so I'll have to take your word for it! It was nice to get my feet wet and take away some pointers for next time (if ever!). I wish you and Susan great success with your new business!

      Delete
  8. Wish I could come to your talk! Love the tree. The ornaments are looking so lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!