Monday, September 26, 2016

another set of literal quilt blocks


This time the set is for my friendy friend, Robyn, and the third color is coral instead of blue green. 


I packaged up this block set to her along with a paper HST birthday card and a guide sheet showing many of the possible combinations for the blocks. 


(If you are wondering about that excellent acorn/squirrel ribbon, it's designed by the ever willowy and affable  Jessica Jones  for  Renaissance Ribbons.)

The blocks are very relaxing to make, if you enjoy repetitive preciseness. You can totally zone out while painting and binge watching Gilmore Girls. (Unfortunately I've found I can't watch a Korean drama while painting – too hard to keep looking up at the subtitles.)

Beware: These just-for-fun quilty display pieces are real time suckers. It's addictive. 









And, as I mentioned before, if you are careful to paint each block the same way you will get two designs each time, one on the front and a different one on the back side. I like flipping the set over to see what I got. It's a surprise!

If you'd like to try making your own Literal Quilt Blocks I've included construction tips with the earlier post


2 comments:

  1. These blocks are so lovely! I love your idea of making them into quilt patterns. Although, it sort of becomes a puzzle as well. And I adore puzzles. Oh boy, I think I'll have to make one for myself! The only problem is, that both colors look so good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are so fun! They're making me want to start a quilt... :) Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!