I receive many requests to make items from my sewing* patterns to sell (thanks so much for your enthusiasm!). If you are a home sewer and have a cottage industry personally making things with your own little hands and selling them to your friends, in a craft booth or personal online shop (read: no mass production), you can purchase my patterns for that purpose, with my blessing.
Go forth and make it a success! Make as many as you are personally capable of. Sew for your friends. Sew for your shop. Sew for craft fairs and bazaars. Sew up a storm! Of course there are terms. But not that many:
- A reminder that the copyright on my patterns still stands: That is, you may not copy, resell, share, distribute or publish (online or otherwise) any portion of any of my patterns without prior permission from me. Period. Basically anything that involves sharing any part of my patterns with anyone else is a no-no.
- Each sewer must purchase a pattern for themselves. If you have a friend who is interested in partnering up with you, or you are hosting a craft party, please refer each of them to my blog or shop to purchase their own pattern. Thank you! (Exceptions may be made in the case of charitable sewing, just be sure to check with me first!)
- Production is limited. To honor the 'no mass production' spirit, please limit your listings (or display in your booth) no more than ten MmmCrafts items at a time. This means a total of ten of any pattern combination, for instance 6 Mikey Monkeys + 4 Baby Binky Bunnies = limit of ten.
- Include credit where it's due. Please list a credit for the pattern on each listing and also on each hang tag for the item: Pattern by Larissa Holland, mmmcrafts.blogspot.com or something like that.
- Minor derivatives are ok, but even if you make changes in the way a pattern is made, please still give a credit to me for the pattern, along with a note that it is a variation.
- PLEASE NOTE that it is really really really NOT OK to use any of my photos, images, logos, badges, or graphics to promote your site or booth on signs, flyers, tags, headers, etc... Don't do it! Those images are copyrighted.
"Hey, I don't want to sell it, man, I just want to make it!" Of course, if you are interested in making stuff and not selling it, all my patterns are still unlimited for personal uses like gifts and charity drives. Just like always!
"I already bought the pattern a while ago. Can I still sell stuff made from it?" Yep, according to the terms above, and as long as I have a record of your purchasing the pattern, you are good.
"What about the free sewing patterns like Molly Monkey and the tooth pillow?" You can make and sell from those patterns also under the conditions above, although I'd greatly appreciate a donation via Paypal if you do. I have plans to offer a much improved tooth pillow pattern for purchase in my shop that will have no glue required and some great accessories. That will come eventually.
"Is there a way I can let MmmCrafts fans know about my shop?" Judging from the number of requests I get, there are a lot of readers out there who don't have the time or inclination to sew for themselves and they would appreciate knowing where to find your MmmCrafts handmade items. Let's get you two together! Send me a link to your shop so I can place it on the Mmmakers page that is listed on the nav bar so folks will know where to find you and buy your MmmCrafts stuff.
*Please note: My cottage industry policies apply to my sewing patterns only. All of my paper patterns and tutorials are for personal use only! Thanks!