Saturday, February 4, 2012

upcoming pattern: wee mouse tin house



(Edit: pattern is now available)
These are the Valentine wee mouses in tin houses for my two girls. They went kinda nuts over Alton so I had planned to make these for them after the Christmas craft craziness was over. The red Altoid tins lend themselves well to the Valentine theme. I thought since I was making more I might as well develop a PDF pattern for them for the shop, so hopefully it will be listed soon. They are quick to make with only scraps required. Fair warning to stockpile your Altoids tins.

Couple of other things too, while I'm writing:
  1. I received an email recently about the Craftcation Indie Business & DIY Conference and it sounds like a great time. Right up our alley, eh, Leigh Ann? It's in Ventura, CA, USA and it looks like there is a group discount for reserving your space early, so check it out. From their About page: "Craftcation is a three day indie business & DIY workshop conference. It’s a retreat to inspire, network and build upon the independent craft business community. Our objective is to ignite the entrepreneurial business spirit, strengthen skills and abilities of both seasoned business owners and newcomers to indie craft business. This is an opportunity to network, communicate and share with your peers."
  2. Also, if you are into wool felt (duh) and love winning free stuff (double duh), there's still plenty of time to enter the Felt On The Fly's Felty Hearts Challenge and win yourself a pile of gorgeous wool felt. See the details here and her flickr group here.

15 comments:

  1. SO incredibly sweet! Will the pattern be available before Valentine's Day?? (pretty please).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I've been crafting with Myntz tins because they have a flat lid. I can hardly wait to make these adorable little critters for my last few boxes. Thanks for the adorable idea!

    http://mommamindy.blogspot.com/2011/11/take-hint-mint.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spotted these on Pinterest...they are so sweet. Perfect for my little grand girls! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all!
    Victoria, I'll do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, the teddy bear is over the top cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very very sweet!! As a kid a had a very small doll inside a box of a size of matches!
    I think that kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have to give these a try, too. They are so totally CUTE, and my granddaughter loves tiny things. For Valentine's Day would be awesome! Hint, hint! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! I think I'll have to try this to give to my granddaughter! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! Thank you for sharing this cutie idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this pattern -- my 6-year-old, who LOVES to hand stitch, spotted this yesterday and has already asked a dozen times when we can make the mouse with the teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI. I LOVE this little Mouse and the Bear. I postet it here on my german blog:http://schoenstricken.de/2012/10/selbst-genahte-mause-mit-decke-und-teddy/
    Hope you like that.
    Best from Berlin, Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!