Monday, June 16, 2014

curated felt color collection for Partridge & Pear ornaments

Wool blend felt. 
Photo courtesy of Benzie Design

Bird and pear ornaments by MmmCrafts // Benzie

I am delighted to show you this ten-color felt collection I put together recently at Benzie Design. I chose the colors to match my favorite yellow and pink sample ornaments for Partridge & Pear. If you want to make your ornaments in the same colors then you can save some hassle/worry by purchasing this ready-chosen felt set from Benzie. (Note: as new patterns in the series are released, the listing will have new options for different color collections. Choose the one you want from the handy pulldown menu!)

embroidery floss 
Photo courtesy of Benzie Design

And looky, you can also purchase the handy add-on set of matching embroidery floss! You'll need matching floss for sewing the parts of the ornaments together so that set is a really nice feature and will save you some time squinting at the craft store. PLEASE NOTE: You will also need to purchase contrasting colors of floss for the decorative embroidery from your local craft store:

Blue/yellow Partridge & Pear decorative embroidery colors:
DMC Blanc (white) or B5200 (snow white)
DMC 310 (black)
DMC 3844 (dk bright turquoise)
DMC 935 (dk avocado green)
DMC 891 (dk carnation)
DMC 3846 (lt bright turquoise)

Pink/maroon Partridge & Pear decorative embroidery colors:
DMC 310 (black)
DMC 3846 (lt bright turquoise)
DMC 947* (burnt orange)
DMC 917 (md plum)
DMC 741 (md tangerine)
DMC 154 (v dk grape)
DMC 818 (baby pink)

*This color is already included in the floss bundle

Wool blend felt // MmmCrafts // Benzie
Photo courtesy of Benzie Design
 
I love working with Benzie's wool-blend felt and I highly recommend her shop from my (many) felt purchases. You'll just have to visit to see the wide range of colors and sizes available and check out her blog too for lots of feltcentric tips and tutorials. Renae always offers friendly, accurate service and prompt shipping. I love getting her prettily packaged felt in the mail. It always feels like Christmas!

Renae, thanks for the opportunity to curate another collection! (See here and here for my previous collections!)

7 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the kind words Larissa! Can't wait to see what you make next!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for your beautiful felt and great customer service, Renae!

      Delete
  2. Your ornaments are sooo beautiful, and you make it so easy to decide on the felts and floss! Now if only I knew that I'd actually get around to making them if I purchased everything (I know myself too well!). I think I may have to wait till the mood (and opportune time) hits. But I'm definitely tempted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Grandma G. It is pretty handy to have all the colors collected for ya. They are fun to make!

      Delete
  3. Just ordered mine. Can't wait to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. were you asking a while back for ideas on how to store felt? i've always wanted a way to have all the colors spread out for staring at, like oil paint on a palette. this might be a way.

    http://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/diy-towel-ladder-in-redbook/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jeannette, that's a great suggestion, however I have found the perfect solution for my felt storage. It's a shoe cubby and I looooooove it. The DIY rack might be nice for larger pieces, but my collection is a ton of small pieces so the shoe rack works really well. You can see it here: http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/04/and-heres-follow-through.html
      Thanks so much for sharing the suggestion!

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you have a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'subscribe by email' link as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!