Thursday, February 26, 2015

sneak peek of Colly Bird


Colly bird is an old English expression meaning blackbird. That's what was originally in the song. I like the idea of a blackbird ornament. But he doesn't mind if you say Calling Bird. You can make him whatever color you like. Give him a tiny iPhone.

I'm finishing up the pattern and samples and will have it all together and released...erm...soonish. I just wanted you to get a preview of him because I really love him. And for proof of progress.

I'm getting many firsthand sightings of his real life brothers and sisters during the migration. Huge flights of blackbirds land periodically in our yard to terrorize the squirrels in our bird feeder. It's a little Hitchcock-y while they are all sitting in the trees around the house.

21 comments:

  1. wonderful,looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a wonderful style. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Not too soonish, as I am still working on his french frere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course, I await your smallest wheem, ma chere. Not. Hurry up and finish that thing. :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the colors, cant wait to make him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Dude, thanks! I owe it all to Graphic Design. har har

      Delete
  6. Love it! Can't wait till it's available! No pressure there... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Excellent. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's absolutely delightful! Those stitches around the eye really make it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great eye for color and the embroidery is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely beautiful. love the folk-iness of your designs <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!