Thursday, July 2, 2015

what I'm up to


Busy, busy, busy. I always envision lazy summers but somehow that never happens. Doing lots but blogging little. Sewing, traveling to see family, teaching Bible classes (I just finished a quarter with my truly awesome 4-6th graders), VBS madness.

And of course I'm working on two patterns right now, the Gold Ring ornament (5th in the Twelve Days series) and the EarlyBird NightOwl Pillow. Busy digitizing pattern pieces and making test samples for both.

I've sewn a couple of shirts for myself but I can't seem to find a good time to photograph them. Or the motivation to get shots of me wearing them. Or the courage to show you. I'll do that soon. Ish.


And my head was completely turned recently by this vintage curtain remnant on Etsy. I love the combination of the brights with the dull brown. It's a 60s print called Pompeja by Swedish designer Marta-Lena Bjerhagen. It needs to become a pillow for my couch. I'll squeeze that in between samples.

I hope your summer is going well! Or your winter, for my friends in the southern hemisphere.

8 comments:

  1. Summer has that way of getting away from us, doesn't it?! I'm still sitting here wondering what happened to June!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhh, that fabric is fantastic! I can see why you like it! It has your name written all over it with the color combos. :-) My summer has gotten away from me, too. Trying to make a BUNCH of things for a craft show in November..I feel like I'm running out of time, haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jeannie and Eldy,
      Yes indeedy, me me me. Good luck pumping out your craft fair items! Go go go. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I love that fabric as well! Can't wait to see the finished ring. :)

    Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Catie, I can't wait to see the finished ring either! Ha! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  4. Do you summer camps...I'm coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Joanie, yes! Just for my cousins. Book your flight...

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!