Thursday, July 7, 2016

Swan a-Swimming pattern now available!


On the seventh day of Christmas
My true love gave to meeeee...

Seven swans a-swimming!


Nothing says love like seven swans. All just a-swimming. You don't have to make seven though. One would be nice! And now you can! Because the ornament sewing pattern is available for download in my Etsy shop and also my Craftsy Shop.


These ornaments are much easier to make than they look! It's all because of a magical printable stabilizer called Sulky Printable Stick 'n Stitch (formerly known as Sticky Fabri-Solvy) that adheres directly to the felt. If you can cut with precision and sew basic hand stitches like a whip stitch, running stitch, backstitch and French knots, then you can make this ornament and make it well. There is no embroidery transferring! You stitch right over the marks and cut on the outlines.

You can read more about the whole series and how the Sulky stabilizer works in the Twelve Days section of my blog.


Swan a-Swimming is the seventh in my original series of hand sewn wool felt Christmas ornaments based on the Twelve Days of Christmas song. Stay tuned for more ornament patterns releasing this year.

All the ornament patterns are available in both my shops:
Mmmcrafts on Etsy
or
Mmmcrafts on Craftsy


4 comments:

  1. They're all pretty, but the black one is stunning! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful ornament! I love your choice of colors. Love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can add this beautiful ornament to my collection. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for the continuation of your collection! As I sew my third set of turtle doves, I wonder: will the next few ornaments be humanoid? Or iconic? (i.e. will we see an actual milk maid or perhaps just her pail of milk?) Can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!