Friday, February 7, 2020

new Mrs. Minty Claus added to the 'Twas the Night color guide


*New* updated color guide is now available which includes this latest minty Mrs. Claus sample. Sorry it took so long to get her on here. My mojo is seriously compromised lately. I've been buried in freelance design work and also my senior is a lead in our high school play. Busy busy!


I was going for a Jessica Claus throwback with her red hair. The 1970 Santa Claus is Comin' to Town was one of my faaaaavorite stop motion Christmas specials to watch as a kid. I used to get so excited when it was coming on! I loved to hate the Burgermeister Meisterburger. How about you?


And here she is shown with her Mr. Minty Claus.

Confession: I have a regret. I now wish I had not used the red-orange border in between the pink lines on her skirt. I wish I had used mint green. Here's what that might look like:


I thought the red orange would tie in her hair, but now I think I needed to tie in her coat instead. But there it is. You can make YOURS with this adjustment. I've provided the alternate floss number in the color guide. I'm pondering picking out the red orange stitches and redoing with mint. I'll ponder more, as I'm feeling a little apathetic at the moment. Need coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I have purchased the Santa pattern and I'm about to get my supplies. Will the bundle of felt from Benzie be enough to make more than one ornament? Just not sure what all I need to order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa! Thanks so much for your purchase! FYI, You'll get speedier answers to questions via mmmcrafts.etsy.com. Yes, you'll be able to make several with one bundle of felt, especially if you vary the color combos. There's a list of materials on the first page of the pattern and Benzie also offers notions kits just for this series. The color guides are here: https://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/p/benzie-design.html

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!