Friday, September 28, 2012

meet Kaley


This is Kaley Kitty. She's all packed up and waiting patiently to go home. She has been feeling kind of sick lately, but the nice doctors and nurses are all helping her to feel better.


It's a good thing she has Mrs Buttons to keep her company. Sometimes you have to wait when you are at the doctor's office and Kaley gets bored, but Mrs Buttons is always very patient. Also she knows how to play Tic Tac Toe and Rock Paper Scissors.


Sometimes doctors expect you to sit around in your underwear while they listen to your chest and fuss over your port! Silly doctors.


And when you stay the night at the hospital, you get to wear a funny gown that has ties and snaps. Kaley always forgets which goes where, but she has lots of help.


She always remembers to take her comfy socks with her to the doctor's office and the hospital. The big people must really like it cold in there. These socks keep her paws extra toasty. Also they might have magical powers. She is pretty sure they make lollipops appear in nurse's pockets.

 

Kaley's crossbody overnight bag holds extra tape and gauze for her dressings, in case she needs a change. There's also room for her spare frock and shoes. And for Mrs Buttons too.


Kaley Kitty has gone to live with a beloved small person, Madi. Cats are her favorite. I know Madi will take very good care of Kaley while she is getting all better. And I know that Kaley will give lots of hugs to Madi while she is getting all better too.

We love you, Wises big and small.

28 comments:

  1. This turned out so lovely. All the details and color/fabric choices are beautiful. What a special gift, such a hard story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how totally awesome this is, it's a gorgeous idea! My baby is having hospital treatment in Nov and I was thinking of getting her a cuddle toy just for that occasion but this is AWESOME!!!! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, amazing really. And such a wonderful gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable friend for a special little girl to have - so perfect in every way! And obviously made with a lot of love! I'll just bet you had a great time designing and making her, Larissa (except for the thoughts of the reason).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lacking of words - the cat is amazing and I pray she will do it's best to comfort her little friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolute perfection.
    God bless Madi & her family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, everybody! Y'all are so sweet. Yes, I loved every minute of making her and I put as much love in it as possible. Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts for Madi - she is a lucky girl to have such a wonderful mom and dad and so many who care for her. Count your blessings tonight, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a wonderful, kind person Larissa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madi and her family will be in our thoughts!!! Your kitty is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. It's amazing. I hope Madi is doing well and am so glad she will have a little friend to spend some time with. Will we be seeing a pattern soon for all the goodies? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the sweetest thing, what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so nice, Larissa (wiping away tears). I know her mama especially will feel the love in this gift. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Larissa, the doll is so adorable! You are such a lovely person. My prayers go out to Madi and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The thoughtfulness, design and creativity...all wonderful! Adorable! I especially love the hospital gown, bag and the flowers on Madi. Aw, so precious! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet. I could tell this was no ordinary cat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're an amazing person - what a beautiful & thoughtful gift for this little girl - i'm sure kitty will be a great comfort (and lots of fun!) to her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO CUTE! And Madi will love her forever. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet and thoughtful. The care you take with detail is everything. I'm sure it will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a friend of Jessica's and this is the sweetest thing! I have tears in my eyes reading your descriptions under each picture. What a special gift to get.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Y'all, Madi is an amazing kid and so are her three sisters and one brother! Together they are all so lucky to have the best, most unflappable, funnest parents ever. But this kind of trial would put even the calmest parents to the test! God is so good. Your prayers for her recovery are all so welcomed! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Angela, when you next see the Wises, would you please forward a really big hug to them all from us? Thanks for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It breaks my heart to read about families dealing with illness..., what a kind and thoughtful gift Larissa.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You were so sweet to do this for Madi. As I read this post, I wondered if it was for her. We are good friends of theirs as well. We pray for her everyday, and hope that the Lord will heal her quickly. I know she must have loved this little doll:o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so kind. My love and warmest wishes go out to Madi and her family.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!