Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Lodestar ornaments



The upcoming Lodestar Tree Topper pattern will include a few variations, like the Christmas ornaments you see here. Out of this one pattern you will be able to make a fancy tree topper, window pendant, garland, ornaments, mini tree topper, and mini ornaments. 


I forgot to post this photo to my blog, which shows the very poinsettia-like red tree topper with the fancy new alternate 3 point rays in place. Those are also included as an option in the pattern, or you can use the original 1 point rays.

It's still going to be a while until I can release the pattern, but it's going well. I have written and illustrated the first draft, and am now making final samples and edits. The sample making will only take 1000 years. LOL Fewer if I have more coffee. It's slow stitching, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed making the Twelve Days ornaments for my granddaughters and like your Lodestar design, but sequins just aren’t my thing. Do you think I could substitute French knots for the sequins (maybe in metallic thread?)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could certainly sub in French knots, but I'm not sure how well you'd like sewing them in metallic thread? It's a bit more temperamental. You might also just sew on the seed beads if you don't love sequins. :-)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait until the lodestar is ready!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!