Wednesday, July 19, 2023

not even a mouse: prototype



Couple of prototype photos of my new 'Twas The Night pattern in development: Not Even A Mouse!
 
This sample is by no means final, as I'm still experimenting with details. Cheese wedge was a fail. Not included. Teddy bear was lifted directly from my Wee Mouse pattern and it will be included for sure. I think the side sleeper mouse looks so cozy and snuggled in, so he will probably be the final mouse rather than back sleeper mouse. (But I find back sleeper mouse pretty charming and wanted to do another round of changes on him later, maybe a one-off ornament. Cute little guy with his stumpy legs. Needs fattening up though, bless him. And arms.)

The felt pillow is currently too small. I love the cotton ticking pillow from my Wee Mouse pattern, but I don't want to oblige you to buy special fabric for a less-than-2-inch pillow, so I'm trying a hand embroidered ticking stripe. I'm not currently happy with the embroidery designs on the cup or blanket, and blanket isn't the right size yet...Blah blah blah and about 50 more details I'm dithering about. On we go!

Not Even A Mouse is the upcoming 5th ornament in my 'Twas The Night Ornament Series. Shop all my patterns here!

12 comments:

  1. Could you use a small piece of striped ribbon for the pillow (much cheaper to buy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela, I think a scrap of fabric may work better if you decide not to use felt, but you can try subbing in ribbon, if you like. It would need to be wide enough to make a pillow and you would also need to add a seam allowance on the cut edges to prevent it from raveling.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait. Every year I make Christmas gifts from your patterns. They are always so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait! Every Christmas, I love using your patterns to make the most awesome gifts. They turn out so perfect, and everyone adores them. Thanks for sharing your talent, and I'm pumped for this year's creations! 🎁🎄😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larissa - I think the wee mouse would look more @" mousy" if it had a nose that tilted up. Will purchase pattern as soon as it's ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! If you'd like to change the nose shape when you sew it up, it's an easy mod!

      Delete
  5. Larissa, I’m in love with all your patterns and they keep me “sew” happy during the long winter’s in MN! Everyone is being so polite and not asking when your mouse will be released….any idea when we can order him/her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's in the shop! :-) mmmcrafts.etsy.com

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!