Monday, September 13, 2010

more with the cozies



Still working on the cozy pattern. I'm having my husband bring home all kinds of phones from work to test out. He also brought home one of these because I didn't get what they are for. So now I'm hooked on it and so are the kids, of course. I loved using it in place of my paper Bible in worship. So easy to get to all the passages without all the page rustling. We'll be sad when it has to go back to the office.


I made these cozies as gifts with an added a button closure at the top for security, so these could hang outside the purse too. I'm trying out different leaf patterns and colors. I love playing with color combinations, so having a formidable felt stash is coming in handy.


You could also use it as a wristlet or hang it from a belt loop.


I sent the dark grey one to my sister Leigh Ann who just had a BIG birthday, along with a quilting mag, a stack of fat quarters, a pretty bird card I got ages ago at ICE Atlanta, and this version of Jane Eyre, which is my favorite ever ever Ever. Leigh, looking forward to getting some shortbread, making a pot of PG Tips (with cream not milk), and watching this with you soon. You are going to looooooove it! Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

13 comments:

  1. that version of Jane Eyre is sublime- it was on the bbc a couple of years ago here in the UK, even my daughter was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Jane Eyre ever, ever, EVER :).

    Love the contrast stitching lines on the cozies. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I love your cozies, they gave me a great Idea for a wall hanging! I know I see things differently then most. The real reason for my response is to thank you for the no OMG sign on your blog. I personally hate that expression and am having a hard time finding many others who feel the same way so thank you for putting the sign on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry and Katie, I gave Jane Eyre to my sister but now I wish I'd bought one for myself, because I'm getting the yen to see it again. I'll have to wait until I'm at her house. Did you guys see the BBC production of Far From The Madding Crowd? Thought that was awesome too.

    Erica, thanks so much! Love to see your wall hanging, and you are welcome to save and use the No OMG graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog for a while and you are such a great inspiration for me!!! The cosies are so autumn like - I love them!
    Best regards from Germany,
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh...can I come over, too, Leigh? I could do with a Bronte AND Larissa fix.

    What a great gift. What's that fabric? I really like it and it seems familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robyn, DO come over! We'll make extra tea and give you the good chair. That fabric, I wish I knew! It was a cut into prepackaged fat quarters and no name was on it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS the best Jane Eyre. Tobey Stephens is and always will be my ideal Mr Rochester.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just loving these Larissa. What great little gifts they would make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! Especially the leaves. So fallish!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!