Sunday, December 19, 2021

fun with pinecones, poms, and pipe cleaners


I made this little owl ornament for Robyn (don't look, Robyn! haha) from stuff you might have laying around your house and yard, if you are like me: An acorn cap, large and small poms, chenille stems, wool felt, a small pinecone, touches of white acrylic paint, some metallic thread, and a stick. All held together with blobs of hot glue. 

I have a love/hate relationship with hot glue, and after an evening of burning my fingers, taking a chunk out of my work surface from a hot glue leak, and getting hair-thin snarly hot glue strings all over my clothes and in my hair, I asked folks on my Facebook page to recommend a good mini hot glue gun that won't be out to get me. I am 100% sure hot glue is not supposed to be this hard to use. 

I'm going to check this one out, as Surebonder was the brand recommended by several different commenters! Thanks, guys.

Welp, it's the last week before Christmas. Y'all ready? I'm not! I'm fine this is fine

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet "lil owl", I love owls, I have one that resides in a pine in the back yard (have no mice, LOL).
    Merry Christmas to you and your family and the best and Happiest New Year. I am not ready for Christmas either, it sorta all of sudden is here...it is all okay here also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, and a happy new year to you. I hope you got it all done. I did, in the wee hours of Christmas morning. :-) We have a huge owl that live in our woods also. But we still seem to have legions of chipmunks. haha!

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!