Friday, November 3, 2023

Not Even A Mouse pattern is in the shop!


Yay! My new Not Even A Mouse PDF pattern is now available in my Etsy shop: mmmcrafts.etsy.com

Skill level: INTERMEDIATE
(If you finished my Twelve Days series, you are ready!)

Not Even A Mouse is the 5th ornament in my ongoing 'Twas The Night ornament series. It is entirely hand sewn. Sleepy mouse and Teddy are both removable so they can be ceremonially tucked in on Christmas Eve. 


There are options in the pattern to give Mouse a tether or fix him permanently in place. The natural grabbiness of the wool felt keeps the free range mouse securely tucked in. He even stays put when I turn the ornament upside down!


The samples you see here are made with my curated Classic or Retro 'Twas The Night palettes at Benzie Design. One of my samples also features a small amount of their lovely gold metallic felt if you want your teacup handle and foot to be extra fancy!

I'm so excited to be FINISHED! I hope you enjoy sewing your sleepy lil' mice and teacups.
Pattern available here: mmmcrafts.etsy.com

Coming next: The fifth ornament in my Ebenezer series, Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Larissa, you just made my day! I’m so excited to make this pattern and introduce lil’ mouse and teddy to all their other ‘Twas The Night friends. I can not wait to see what your genius brain comes up with for The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come! Thank you for sharing your incredible talents with us. So many people’s lives are made richer by you- us mmmakers of course and all the recipients of the things we mmmake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice, Amy, thank you! It warms my heart to think of special handmade ornaments being treasured! I'm working on Ghost of CYTC right now! :-)

      Delete
  2. Already part way through making Not Even a Mouse ornament. Excellent, clear instructions as always. Am in my happy place stitching your beautiful designs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello. i just purchased this pattern and am so excited to get started. when i was making mrs.claus, i used the wool felt blends from benzie design and i found they did not shrink. do you think preshrinking the felt is necessary if i am using felt purchased from benzie design? thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blends do not shrink as much, but they do shrink, some more than others depending on the % of wool. Yes, presoak is necessary for all types of wool felts to avoid mismatch of pieces later.

      Delete
  4. I know you are super busy, but will you be posting colors, floss and beads choices for Not Even a Mouse?

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!