Wednesday, January 14, 2015

the Twelve Days bundle and a vague but hopeful timeline


As promised, the discounted bundle of the first three patterns is now in the Etsy shop. And also the Craftsy shop! I'll continue to create bundles as I release the patterns. There will be a future bundle of patterns 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12. I think I'll probably offer bundles of six patterns (1-6 and 7-12) and of course at last a bundle of all twelve patterns once the series is complete. That will be a very happy day! :-)

Timeline: Many folks have asked me when they can expect the series to be completed. I'm shooting for late 2016, if I possibly can. I have nine more patterns to go, so that may not happen if I take an honest look at my turnaround time for each pattern and trying to fit it in around life, the universe and everything. Colly Bird, number 4 in the series, is the next one to be released and I hope hope hope to have it released in February. My goal for 2015 is to release numbers 4, 5, 6 and possibly 7. Crossing fingers!

The design process for each ornament sometimes happens quickly and everything just falls into place like magic and tiny, animated forest animals come and help me clean up the studio as I admire the first perfect sample made from my sketch. More often *coughgoosealayingcough* I make it and hate it, make it and hate it, make it and hate it. That's just how it goes, can I get an amen. I'm really looking forward to tackling the maids and lords and pipers. It will make a nice change from birds. However, I anticipate one of those tricky Hate It Make It Again cycles as I transition to humanoids. I want it all to look like a cohesive set so that will take some finessing and some really strong coffee.

Thanks so much for your interest and encouragement in this series. I love it so much and I'm glad that you do too! I want each one to be special and just right. The completed set will make for lots of cozy, handmade Christmas crafting in front of the fire.

(Click through if you missed the sneak peek of numbers five and six after Christmas. Number four, colly bird, has had a redesign since I made the first one, so the new one looks a bit (maybe a lot) different but alas, you have to wait to see it until I get some samples made.) (Late note: and here they are.)

7 comments:

  1. I made the 1st set for a couple of friends for Christmas - they loved them! So did I! I think I'm going to start now to make a few more for presents next year. These really are SO beautiful and unique. Thank you for doing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, I'm so glad. Makes my day to hear this! I love it.

      Delete
  2. FINALLY got around to getting some of the fabri-solvy so I can start work on these. :D They, and you, are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skooksie, yay! Booya. That stabilizer changed my life. :-)

      Delete
  3. so psyched. the golden ring i thought was a triumph over what i thought of as a big design problem. i'm looking forward to more bird magic and also humans. yay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks, Jeannette! Yes, that one surprisingly came together after only two tries. Wish me luck on the humans...

      Delete
    2. inspo:
      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3PlIr5QRbVg/TSJNpWHTpwI/AAAAAAAAAw0/WDo-GvlxLWw/s400/KDD_12DAYS_Day-10.jpg

      https://kscnewmancenter.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/twelve-days-of-christmas-day-8-eight-maids-a-milking/

      martha's heavenly fred astaire lords a leaping garland:

      http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Crafts-Recipes-Inspired-Christmas/dp/0609809377

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!