Wednesday, March 18, 2015

curated felt color collection/felt & floss color guide for Colly Bird



 Photos courtesy of Benzie Design

This ten-color collection of wool blend felt and matching embroidery floss was custom made for my Colly Bird pattern samples shown above and is now available in Benzie Design's shop! Thanks again, Renae!

Colly Bird Benzie felt colors: 
Black
Graphite
Julep
Moss
Coral
Mustard
Peacock
Cyan
Copper
Orange

You can purchase this Benzie felt bundle with or without the matching flosses. You'll need matching floss anyway to sew your ornaments together, so having the pre-matched flosses comes in handy! NOTE: You will still need to purchase floss for the contrast decorative embroidery!
See colors below.



Green/black/mint colly bird felt colors:
Head and tail: Moss
Body and wing inset: Black
Beak: Coral
Wing and wing overlay 2: Graphite
Wing overlay 1: Julep

Green/black/mint colly bird contrast embroidery colors:
DMC White
DMC Black
DMC 3804  (DK Cyclamen Pink)
DMC 608  (Bright Orange)
DMC 581 (Moss Green)
DMC 958 (DK Seagreen)

Gray/blue/mustard colly bird felt colors:
Head, tail and wing: Graphite
Body and wing inset: Peacock
Beak: Orange
Wing overlay 1: Mustard
Wing overlay 2: Copper

Gray/blue/mustard colly bird contrast embroidery colors:
DMC White
DMC Black
DMC 3846  (LT Bright Turquoise)
DMC 608  (Bright Orange)
DMC 3852  (V DK Straw)
DMC 3799  (V DK Pewter Gray)

I've also done a curated bundle of felt for each of the previous Twelve Days patterns and you can find them all under that same Benzie listing in the drop down menu. See these older blog posts for more pictures and details: Partridge & Pear, Turtle Dove, and French Hen.

Happy hand sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Larissa, how many items does each pack from Benzi make? For example do I get one pear and one partridge from the pack of felt, or two? Same goes for the other packs. It seems a good idea to get it all at once. I have to have it shipped to Australia so I want to work out the best economy to do a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Microwavejenny, I'm not sure actually. I usually purchase felt in larger sheets so I've never put it to the test. You'd at least be able to get two or three in the color schemes I show in the photos but I think you'd be able to get a few more from the pack if you switch your color schemes around. I'd love to know how it worked out for you so I could pass along the information.

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!