Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Twelve Days color themes emerging


Apparently I love oranges, maroons, blues and pinks together. It's probably why I end up with one in each pattern sample batch. And why I never seem to give them as gifts. One day I will have a white Christmas tree and these ornaments will rock it. You might think I planned this color theme ahead of time...mmkay sure, let's go with that. I completely and professionally planned it like a forward thinking micro business owner. *coughs*


Oooh. Aquas, mints and greens. This theme is late to the party. I'm diggin it. I need to make it retroactive with the first two ornaments so I have a complete set so far.


And yellows. There's a theme in this grouping somehow. It's not quite as cohesive. More yellows will be in the future. I need to bring back that lighter yellow like on the Partridge and Pear. It's got zing. *snapping fingers*

I can't get as excited about traditional red and green combos but I do think a whole set done in whites and ivories would be so pretty. Hey, one of you guys do that! And send me pictures. That's what's so great about DIY and digital patterns. You can make whatever color combos float your boat.

22 comments:

  1. I love them all! How does one even begin to choose??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Skooks, I have the same problem whenever I give samples away as gifts.

      Delete
  2. I did notice a color theme when i kept ordering more of certain colors. I will try to go outside the box on the 6th day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I do tend to gravitate toward the secondary palette and not the primary...that's just me.

      Delete
  3. I have no trouble choosing my favorites. They're the ones with the black in them... I love the stunning contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love an ivory set! Have to try that when I get going on my Christmas crafts. 'Till then, I'm partial to your lighter yellow ornaments. And a set with red and green used sparingly, as accents, could be quite pretty. So many choices! So much variation! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So, can I put you down for volunteering to make an ivory set, Florida Girl? Be sure to share photos. :0)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm... it's a toss up for me between the first and last group! They are all soooo pretty though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catie! I so love putting different color combos together.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous, as usual. I am amazed at your focus. I can hardly finish one simple project like a Wiksten tank and you've stuck with these for years. Bravo, my friend. (clap clap clap)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, I owe it all to you! So many of my patterns start with the internal question "I wonder what I can make for Robyn?". To be honest, I'm pretty astounded at my focus also. I WILL FINISH THIS SERIES AND I WILL LOVE IT.

      Delete
  7. I love seeing your color groupings!

    I was noticing that there isn't much purple in my felt collection for making these ornaments so I thought I might try incorporating that next.

    I have been wanting to try an ivory and light peach combo on a Snowbird sometime. Creamsicle? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Larissa I have begun making these for my Church Mice Quilting Group for Christmas. Will add to the fun I arrange. Will definitely need the rest of the 12 days

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you make these to sell? Or can you point me in the direction of the pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Veronica! Sorry, no time to make and sell finished ornaments but you can DIY with the sewing patterns. My Etsy shop is mmmcrafts.etsy.com

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!